Tuesday 10 September 2013

THE ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP SCALE




THE ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP SCALE

The following statements concern opinions and feelings that you may hold toward another person. With respect to the member of the opposite sex with whom you are most involved at the present time (designated as X), indicate the extent to which you agree or disagree with each statement by writing in the number that best expresses your opinion or feeling according to the key below:

1 = Strongly disagree
2 = Moderately disagree
3 = Slightly disagree
4 = Slightly agree
5 = Moderately agree
6 = Strongly agree

1. X’s presence makes any activity more enjoyable.

2. X is close to my ideal as a person.

3. I am very lucky to be involved in a relationship with X.

4. I find myself wanting X when we’re not together.

5. My relationship with X has given my life more direction and purpose.

6. I spend more time thinking about my career than I do about X.

7. I’d be extremely depressed for a long time if my relationship with X were to end.

8. If I couldn’t have X, I’d easily find someone to replace X.

9. My relationship with X has made my life more worthwhile.

10. I don’t really need X.

11. I want X.

12. I am very dependent upon X.

13. I feel very proud to know X.

14. I want X to confide mostly in me.

15. I spend a great deal of time thinking about X.

16. I want X to tell me “I love you.”

17. I feel very secure in my relationship with X.

18. X is a rather mysterious person.

19. I often wonder how much X really cares for me.

20. Sometimes, I wish I didn’t care so much for X.

21. I worry that X doesn’t care as much for me as I do for X.

22. I have great difficulty trying to figure out X.

23. I have imagined conversations I would have with X.

24. I try to plan out what I want to say before talking to X.

25. X pays enough attention to me.

26. I feel uneasy if X is making friends with someone of the opposite sex.

27. I need X more than X needs me.

28. X has been the cause of some of my worst depressions.

29. My relationship with X is stable and quietly satisfying.

30. There is little conflict between X and myself.

31. I worry about losing X’s affection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment